The MLH team has been hard at work to put together an amazing lineup of hackathons for the upcoming 2014 Spring Season. We’ve met and talked to a ton of student hackathon organizers and couldn’t be more excited for all the awesome events that will be taking place this Spring.
So, without further ado, here are the first 4 official hackathons of the 2014 Spring Season.
- MHacks – January 17th – 19th – University of Michigan
- HackTech – January 24th – 26th – California Institute of Technology
- BoilerMake – Feburary 7th – 9th – Purdue University
- PennApps – February 14th – 16th – University of Pennsylvania
Applications and registration are open for all of them and space is limited, so we highly encourage you to go apply now!
We’ve got several more events in our back pocket that we’ll be announcing in the second batch. We’re also still reviewing all the applications we got from events in November. You can expect anywhere from 8 – 10 total events this Spring.
If you’re a student hackathon organizer and we haven’t been in touch, please drop us a line so we can talk about how MLH can help support your event.
There are a number of other awesome things we’ve been cooking up that you can look forward to this Spring. Here’s a summary of a couple of them:
- MLH Sponsored Buses – Major League Hacking is partnering up with some really awesome API companies to provide buses to student hackathons. One of them may be coming to your school this Spring. (If you’re an API company and that sounds interesting,get in touch)
- The Hacker Cup – The MLH Trophies from the Fall Season & Postseason were pretty epic, but we’re going to go huge this time around. We’re working on getting a mega trophy that will be passed around each season and have the winning schools engraved in it. Keep your eyes out for photos.
Keep your eyes out for more in the coming weeks. Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on twitter for real time updates.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the official Spring Hackathons. Happy Hacking!