Just a shade under 24 hours ago, we kicked off the 8th edition of the HackNY hackathon at NYU’s Courant Institute. Over 250 of the best hackers from all over the northeast bussed in to compete at this legendary event. You can check out all the amazing hacks they put together on Hacker League.
As promised, here’s the scoring breakdown for the hackathon. If you need a refresher on how scoring works, check out this post. Otherwise, read on for the juicy details.
Just like the past two MLH hackathons, HackNY gets 1,000 MLH Points to distribute based on merit at the event. We came up with the following distribution for the points:
Top Three Hacks 650 Points
- 1st Place – 300 Points
- 2nd Place – 230 Points
- 3rd Place – 120 Points
Category Prizes 350 Points
- Largest number of APIs – 50 Points
- Funniest Hack – 50 Points
- Best User Interface – 50 Points
- Most Technically Impressive Hack – 50 Points
- Hack with the Best User Interface – 50 Points
- Best Hardware Hack – 50 Points
- The 8breaker (via Tess Rinearson) – 50 Points
Keep your eyes open for an announcement with all the winners later this week and good luck to all the hackers!