Last night we kicked off the 2013 Fall Postseason in style with 900 hackers at Yale University’sY-Hack. Students literally took over an entire office building – hacking in every nook and cranny they could find. There were tons of great talks from sponsors and mentors and, as usual, many awesome surprises throughout the night.
The Scoring Breakdown
Just like the Fall Season, by hacking at an official MLH event, you’ll be earning 2 Attendance Points for your school (just 1 if you’re a Yale student). There are also a ton of Merit Points that you can win along with the prizes. Y-Hack has 900 points to distribute and we’ve decided to divide them up as follows:
Top 7 Hacks
- 1st Place – 100 MLH Points
- 2nd Place – 80 MLH Points
- 3rd Place – 65 MLH Points
- 4th – 7th Place – 50 MLH Points each
- Prometheus Research Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Best Use of MongoDB – 35 MLH Points
- Apportable Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Redhat Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Wolfram Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Panorama Education Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Microsoft Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Intel Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Dropbox Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Local Yokel Media Prize – 35 MLH Points
- MEAmobile Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Unbounce Prize – 35 MLH Points
- Amazon Web Services Prize – 35 MLH Points
Edit: The Points were adjusted on 11/13/2013 to reflect addition of some missing sponsor prizes that weren’t on the list and places 4 – 7.
We’ll be announcing the standings from Attendence as soon as the submissions close and we’ll update it with the Merit Points as soon as the winners are announced. Keep an eye on the blog and follow us at @MLHacks for live updates!
– Swift & The MLH Team